I am so tired I literally can not keep my eyes open and I keep jolting myself awake. We woke up this morning early and my jet leg seems to be getting worse not better! After finally being able to go to breakfast we met up with our travel group at 8:30. The plan was to head to the great wall an hour and a half drive, spend 2 hours there climbing, go to lunch come back to the hotel room. Catch the 4:30 acrobat show and retire early to prepare for our flight to Henan tomorrow morning. Well that all changed after hitting "the worst traffic, we have ever had on this tour" - one of our tour guides. It took us 3:30 hours to get to The Great wall, and which at this point the plan started to change. We headed to lunch first, and arrived at the wall at about 1:30 and were then able to spend out 2 hours exploring. We hit traffic home as well and didn't get back to the hotel until after 6pm. We missed the acrobat show.
The Great Wall of China is one of those places that you know you have dreamt of seeing your entire life and yet the reality of actually going there, seemed so far fetched. Seeing the Great wall spread out it front of me was truly breath taking, it hardly seemed real even as I was pulling myself up it's steep sides.
We chose to climb up to the top of one area that had 8 towers. It was not easy the wall is steep, the steps are uneven in every sense of the word and they are worn down from use and age there are tons of people. Ha, I would do it again in a heartbeat.





No comments:
Post a Comment