What an amazing day that surpassed my weirdest imagination!
This morning 9 families gathered in the lobby to load a bus to finally be united with our children. I am not going lie, I felt like I was going to puke. Show me. Place to hide, I was scared out of my mind!
The bus ride was only about 5 minutes and we could see two children already their with their nannies waiting for us to arrive. I can not express what an amazing site and privilege it is to see parents united with their children for the first time. Absolutely breath taking. A few happy tears were shed.
Charlotte still had not arrived and I was somewhat prepared for her to be the last to show up as this always seems to be the case for her orphanage, but it worked out perfect I was able to see all my beautiful friends meet their babies and get a little clam as we waited. Finally some time a little after 11:00 we saw a beautiful teeny tiny girl get out of a van. We set ourselves up for her arrival and tossed our cameras to our friends.
Baby girl was so so SO brave! She had just woken from a nap and was disoriented as it was. I scooped her up from her nanny and watched her little eyes glaze over and fill with water. The tears did not spill over, she did a very very quiet moan and would try and kick away a little when scared.
She is a little afraid of Logan right now. She will come around to him soon I am sure. She loves to watch him and she loved it when he blew bubbles for her to pop, but she cries if he gets too close. I am hoping that after Logan is done with our paperwork and trip to the bank we will get to spend more much needed time with him.
Charlotte and I have come so far in only a few hours. It is now 4:10 and she is playing with her toys like a pro,exploring the room, and even giving me some genuine smiles every now and then.
Okay here is what you have been waiting for, a few of the hundreds of photos I have taken today.








CARLA!!! She is beautiful! And you look so beautiful together--mama & daughter!! Happy happy tears for you! Enjoy these precious days together and keep the updates coming!! Xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteSara Arndt
She is absolutely beautiful. You guys looks like you were made to be together. Your face in the fist picture is just priceless! Congrats to you all. Hope she has a peaceful adjustment and praying you are all able to get some sleep tonight :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Oh she's so so precious. You look beautiful in every photo. Excited for you all, friend.
ReplyDeleteMy heart feels funny, and I have goosebumps. Love these pictures! My favorite is the one where you're signing a document, and she's very intently watching your face. Write everything down...even if it's just scribbled on scratch paper with a date. So much is going on, and it's too easy to forget some of the smallest but sweetest details. Charlotte will love re-living these first days together as she gets older. ~ Jackie
ReplyDeleteI checked the blog several times today waiting for the first pictures. She is so cute and
ReplyDeleteLovely. Look forward to more. Enjoy each moment.
Marg and Tim.
Sorry just found your blog - Congratulations! Charlotte is so precious! Many blessings to your family, Cathy
ReplyDelete