Well lets just say the kids have only had 1.5 days of school in the last 2 weeks. Yikes.
But we are making the best of it, skiing, playing, and just watching the white stuff come down. It sure makes the farm look extra pretty.
We were also able to take the whole crew skiing. It was Charlotte's first time just days before her 3rd birthday.
I was a lot of work and she feel asleep early in my bed reading her book. You may remember that I had this board book made for her shortly after we were matched. I was so happy they gave it back to us and it holds a very special place in all of our hearts. I have even confirmed with some volunteers at her orphanage that they often read the book to her that summer we were waiting to meet.
Charlotte's birthday is always bittersweet. Her birth family is never far from my mind but they pop up more and more as we near her birthday. We know they loved her very much and had to make an unthinkable decision in order to save her little life. I can't imagine how hard her birthday must be for them not knowing is she is even alive. I wish with all my heart that they know she is loved, and cherished by so many.







No comments:
Post a Comment