Monday, February 9, 2015

I don't blog much anymore::

I just don't and that makes me sad.  But between my children and their activities, homework, and half of them begging that I home school them.  The dozen animals on the farm, and the little sewing business I have recently started there isn't much time.

I want to blog more and make a record of our lives and share a glimpse into our world with my friends.  I mean I think we are one darn cool family and that is worth sharing!! No seriously we are COOL!!! Ha ha ha!!

Blogging more did not make the New Years resolution list I posted on my facebook page well over a month ago, but I wish it had.  I am making progress on that list.  Here is a recap for anyone who missed it:

#1) Prepare better for dinners. No more of this looking at the clock at 5:00 wondering who is cooking tonight. It is me, it is always me!
#2) Take more real photos, especially of my family. My cameras rarely come out of storage. I need to put away the easy iphone photos, they do not do my beauties justice.
#3) Adopt again. YES! Pick your jaws up off the floor everyone!! I can’t wait to go back to China. PLEASE don’t tell my family they will FREAK OUT!!! wink emoticonheart emoticon you mom and dad!!
#4) Start a small business. I have been working on & dreaming of for a while now. And maybe it will help me pay for #3!!!
#5) Just enjoy it all as it comes, work on not looking to far into the future.

This list actually houses the reason I come here today to write.  Right there smack dab in the middle the shocking words that have a lot of people asking me a lot of questions.

The famous #3!  

The first reaction I get is:

 Really!?!?!?!?!

Followed by:

More children!?!?!?!

Then:

You already have 4!!

Yep, really I long to adopt again.   Indeed I really like parenting and truly find so much joy in my children and the challenges they bring to my life.  I would be so bored if they were not here, honestly how on earth would I fill my time and I can't imagine it would be as fulfilling as they are, but that is me and my choice everyone gets to make the choice of children or no children for them self.  And, that also means they have the opportunity to also make the decision of how many children for themselves.  
My family has chosen a path that is very different from most of our friends and peers, or have made some ILCs (Insane Life Choices) as a facebook friend coined it.  But, I think that is one of the reason I think we are pretty darn cool as I previously mentioned.  ;)

So for now my family stands in limbo on adoption.  I really hope that we will go back to China for another child one day (soon :) ) but we will have to see where our path leads us.  

Now as for homeschooling.....hmmm that is much harder!

I need to see a lot more of this:


And a lot less of this!!!


Before I can even think about it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment