Tuesday, July 2, 2013

care package::

I just realized I called our baby girl by her first name in my last post but I don't think I formally shared her name here.
We are naming our little girl Charlotte Mei.
Charlotte was the name we had picked out before we even started the adoption process.  We all loved it and have been calling our child by this name long before we had a face to put with it.  We were pretty undecided about a middle name.  I wanted Grace but my husband felt it was too over used.  He wanted Grey, I liked Grey, but I wasn't sold.
When we got our daughter's file part of her name was Mei (said like May) and this is the part of her name they actually call her.  We both loved it,  and loved that we could make part of her Chinese name her middle name.  So let the monograming commence! 

We were also encouraged (like it took much!) to put together a care package to send to Charlotte.  We wanted to send her something to introduce us to her as her family as well as some other little things.  I pick out a couple pieces of clothing.  Some treats for her and some for her friends and nannies.  It was so much fun to finally be able to do some shopping for this girly.  Its a weird feeling to be able to send a gift to a child who has never really had anything of their very own. 

Several months ago I started to make a board book for Charlotte.  We were just waiting on her photos to add to it before sending it off to be made.  It came in record time and I LOVE it!!!  I really really hope we get it back on Gotcha day. 

 
 
 
Here is her gift all spread out before I packed it into the little box to send if off to China.  We hope she gets it soon and that her nanny will sit down with her and help her understand as best as she can that she has a family, we love her, and that we can not wait to be with her. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment