There has been a whirl wind of things going on in our home the last couple of weeks, and I am finally sitting down to start and get it all recorded on the blog. I am so bad at blogging but I want to have some record of our adoption journey to one day share with our daughter.
June 11th was a Tuesday and I had been feeling pretty down for a couple of days. I knew so many people who had been matched with there children in the recent weeks and as excited as I was for all of my friends I was feeling very much like it should also be our turn. I just felt so ready to see our girls face. So I decided to write a quick note to one of the ladies in the "matching" department at our agency. She is known to be good at "pep talks" and I had been wanting to go over our medical check list (a list we turned in that told our agency what medical needs we were comfortable with) with this particular lady to make sure that my family and my agency were all on the same page.
My in laws were also in town that Tuesday from across the country. We were in and out of the house that Tuesday, I figured if I was able to talk to my agency great but if we missed each other no big deal. I walked into the house a little before 1pm and saw there was a message. First as if to protect my heart I check the caller ID. It was my agency that had called. I walk out of the room with the phone and listen to the message. The lady I had written my email to asking for a pep talked called back. She said she would LOVE to talk with me and to please give her a call back. I will be honest I did hesitate for about 5 seconds. I was so badly wanting to talk to her but I was not really wanting to hear the words that I was sure I was going to hear "we are working hard to match you. You are getting closer but it is still going be a few months." After thinking it over for those few seconds I decided I needed to hear what she had to say, I dialed the number and waited. No answer. So I left a wish washy message. I had no confidence at the time! I simply said that I would be home most of the afternoon if she still wanted to chat I would appreciate it.
Well, she called me back just minutes later at 1:12 pm to be exact. She was so nice talking to me for several minutes about how well things were at the agency, how we were moving right on up the wait list and how they specifically matched children and families. Then she paused and said "Are you ready for the best part of your pep talk? You beat us to it today, I was going to give you a call a little later, we have a file for you to look at!"
I think I started to tear up and I told her. She gave me some basic information about a little 15 month old girl over the phone and asked if we were interested in seeing the whole file.
I told her yes!
To be continued.....
No comments:
Post a Comment