Thursday, May 30, 2013

10 months of waiting, anticipation::


Just a quick adoption update since I have been getting lots of questions the last couple of weeks.  Several people have wanted to know if we are still adopting, to me this says it feels like it has taken forever even to people outside our family.  We have hit the 10 month mark of waiting on seeing our girls face.  We have no new news and have just been in the adoption holding pattern for a couple of months now.  I talked to our agency a few weeks ago to get an update on our wait.  They said there are several families still in front of us in line and to expect several more month of a wait.  But, that they hope it will be sooner rather than later. 
So I am trying to focus on the anticipation of seeing our daughter for the first time.  I mean ½ the excitement is the anticipation right?  Who will she be?  What will she look like?  All very exciting things to day dream about.  It is harder to sit back and enjoy the journey then I would like it to be, we only get to do this once and I so badly want to enjoy the journey. But, more often than not I find myself wishing to wait away.

So we continue to wait in the holding pattern trying to learn to enjoy the process while fielding daily questions from our 3 children asking about their sister.  Our 5 year old is convinced that we needed to be in China already to pick her up.  This makes me a little sad, but I know she will be with us soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment