This is our first spring on the farm
and I love all the flowers coming into bloom. We have thousands and thousands
of bulbs coming out of the ground. With them of hear promises of longer warmer
days, and this is delightful!
We have also made
some amazing strides in our adoption process since I last updated my blog. We
were able to send in our application into the US government to see if they felt
we were stable enough to adopt a child from a foreign country and bring them
back to the United States and make them a US citizen. The process went smooth
and fast. The average time frame this application approval takes in around 40
days right now. In the past it has been 60-90 days. We were approved in 21
days! This was an amazing feeling after so many steps in our adoption journey
have taken a lot longer than the average. Sadly a snow storm did delay our
getting the approval form in the mail several days but we were still way ahead
of the average.
We are just
waiting for a few papers to make the rounds of authentication to send to our
agency for their review. 90% of our dossier is already at the agency waiting to
be complete.
Now for the news I
have to share but was hoping would never be a part of our adoption path. A few
nights ago as I was getting different children in and out of baths and showers
I got a call. Caller ID said it was my agency and I really didn't think a thing
of it. They had just received most of our dossier and I was certain it was just
a question about one of our papers. I was shocked beyond shocked when the lady
on the other end said they had a file for us to review and were we interested
in seeing the file? Well of course we were! I couldn't believe it but I had to
wait a little bit longer to open the file. Logan was on his way home from
school and I didn't want to look without him.
We finally were able
to open the file to find a sweet little child. I am not able to give any
details but I will say after doing a bunch of research and listening to our
hearts we knew she was not our daughter. It was heart breaking. But, we have to
do what is best for our entire family and this child. We know her family is out
there and I have a good feeling she is already matched with them. I was hoping
that our first match would be our child but sadly that is not the case. We were
able to learn a lot from this experience and for that we are thankful.
I am sure she will
enter my mind and heart often but we are very comfortable with our decision.


So sorry to hear about the referral. We received a referral at the beginning of February that we had to turn down too. :( I did see that she is already matched with her family though! Congrats on being so close to being DTC!
ReplyDelete