Friday, October 19, 2012
And the adoption door cracks open just a little bit more.
This is my new thought on adoption. You get a to do list it is long and intimidating. You at times feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Then you complete all the tasks celebrate and the adoption door slowly starts to crack open. A whole bunch of new task come flying in and again there feels like there is no end in sight. But that is okay as long as that door is opening, no one wants it to slam shut.
We are currently waiting on our background checks. (Spoiler alert: they will be clear we have never committed a crime, heck I have never even gotten a parking ticket.) Goody two shoes right here folks!!
Anyway, as we wait for our background checks we will hopefully have our home study meeting and we will be home study complete. Oh that will be a great day!!
At the same time I am waiting on a few papers to be returned from various Secretary of States, then I will be able to send them to the Department of State and finally the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. for the finial authentication process to be part of our Dossier.
Last night I had a dream. Hubby and I were in China and I was handed my little girl. The dream was so real that when I woke up I realized I was holding all my blankets so close to my chest.
Baby girl we are coming and I promise you we are doing everything in our power to make this process go as quick as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment